Welcome to the Montessori School of Lemont. For over thirty years, we
have nurtured the physical, intellectual, emotional and spiritual
development of children from age three through eighth grade according
to the methods and philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori. Scientific
research has shown that:
- Angeline Stoll Lillard
- Children thrive on order, routine, and ritual.
- We learn best when we are interested in what we are learning.
- People thrive when they feel a sense of choice and control.
- We learn best when our learning is situated in meaningful contexts.
- Extrinsic rewards reduce motivation and level of performance once the rewards are removed.
- Children can learn very well from and with peers; after age 6 children respond well to collaborative learning situations.
Montessori, The Science Behind the Genius
The Montessori School of Lemont does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sexual orientation or national or ethnic origin.
- May 2-3 No School
- May 5 - Tuition Due
- May 9- 8:45 am
Parents' Association Meeting
- May 10 - 3:30-5:30 pm
Volunteer Appreciation Party
- May 14
Last Day Paint Your World
- May 16 - Informational Coffee for Prospective Parents
- May 17
Last Manna Order Due
Last Day Chess
- May 18 - 10am-2pm
Huck Finn Day
- May 20 - Last Day Math and Music & Group Guitar
- May 22 - Last Day Yoga, Group Piano & Rock Band
- May 24 - Last Day Primary &
- May 27 - No School
- May 28 - 1st-3rd grade Field Trip
- May 30 - 7:00 pm
Elementary Spring Show
- May 31
3:15-4:30 pm El Science Fair
6:30 pm Kindergarten Show
In the News