Welcome to the Montessori School of Lemont. For 35 years we
have nurtured the physical, intellectual, emotional and spiritual
development of children from age three through eighth grade according
to the methods and philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori. Scientific
research has shown that:
- Angeline Stoll Lillard
- Children thrive on order, routine, and ritual.
- We learn best when we are interested in what we are learning.
- People thrive when they feel a sense of choice and control.
- We learn best when our learning is situated in meaningful contexts.
- Extrinsic rewards reduce motivation and level of performance once the rewards are removed.
- Children can learn very well from and with peers; after age 6 children respond well to collaborative learning situations.
Montessori, The Science Behind the Genius
The Montessori School of Lemont does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sexual orientation or national or ethnic origin.
- March 1
- March 2
- March 3
Field Trip, Upper El
- March 5, 9:30am
for Prospective Parents
- March 6, 6:30-8:30pm
Winter Parent Meeting
- March 9-13
IOWA Testing, 1st-3rd Grade
- March 9-20
IOWA Testing, 4th-8th Grade
- March 12
Parents' Association Meeting
- March 17
Field Trip, K-3rd Grade
Field Trip, Adolescents
- March 19, 2 Let It Bee
In-House Field Trip, All Students
- March 20
- March 23-27
Nature's Classroom, Upper El
- March Newsletter link
In the News